HyperMon is an automatic and blind signal analysis tool for modulation / constellation / coding scheme / framing standard identification based upon an extensive algorithms library which represents the "state of the art" of this field:
- cyclostationnary methods,
- Bayesian methods,
- blind equalization,
- very high speed basic DSP tasks (optimisations based on polyphase filtering, PRFB, resampling...),
- time-frequency analysis,
- composite signal break-down procedure,
- unsupervised noise level estimation,
- unsupervised channel analysis (scattering function...),
- supervised deep learning classification.
HyperMon was created and still evolves against an ever growing set of tests, mainly composed of real signals. This approach leeds us to a low failure ratio in field applications.
The Graphical User Interface (GUI), targeted to operational users from the beginning, is intuitive and simple to use. All actions and data are available through a context sensitive menu, and the results are deployed in an analysis tree that:
- reduces complexity to the minimum,
- hides all possibilities except those making sense on the selected node/object,
- provides an easy view of the data processing.
Blind signal analysis
Identified MAC (Medium Access Controls):
- TDMA, GTDMA, ALOHA, s-ALOHA, MF-TDMA,
- frame duration, slots duration, guard duration, number of users, network load,
- modulation and FEC recognition inside each burst,
Identified modulation families:
- AM, SSB-L, SSB-U, DSB
- digital linear (BPSK, QPSK, 8PSK, 8AMPM, 16QAM, 16APSK, 32APSK . . . ),
- Multi-tone (MT)
- digital non linear:
- CPM (GMSK, L-SRC, L-REC, TFM . . . )
- binary streams (coded / uncoded),
- frames (OFDM . . . ).
Code detection or identification:
- CV (as Viterbi or Sequential),
- RS, alone or concatenated,
- . . . .
Estimated transmission parameters:
- Eb/No, SNR,
- information bit rate, carrier frequency, bandwidth,
- budget link.
- carrier under carrier detection,
- DVB-S2, iDirect detection and analysis,
- double talk detection and estimation,
- periodic motif detection,
- blind equalization,
- automatic ACF analysis.
And much, much more!